Facial Mask Phoenix | Face Mask Scottsdale | New Serenity Spa
Facial Mask Phoenix | Phoenix Facial | New Serenity Spa
A facial mask, also known as a face mask, is the “treatment” portion of a professional facial. It takes place after cleansing, skin analysis, exfoliation, extractions and massage. A facial mask is a mask full of cream or a special type of paper containing skin nutrients that is applied onto the face. Facial masks generally stay on your skin for for 10 to 15 minutes. They contain ingredients like clay, mud, essential oils, massage oils, herbs and vitamins.
We use specially formulated face masks by Rhonda Allison in all our facials. Our face masks are targeted to your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, mature). They give the skin an amazing glow and can help you look younger and healthier. Our Serenity facial and Miracle facial include (2) face masks that will leave your skin looking younger and healthier.
Facial masks treat your particular skin type or condition. If you’re dry or dehydrated, the facial mask should hydrate your skin. If you’re red or have inflamed areas, the mask should calm and soothe. If your skin is oily and congested, the facial mask can help draw out impurities from the skin.
Here’s the breakdown on the types of masks that are available.
- Gel masks: These are usually oil-free. They are best for hydrating the skin. They are beneficial for oily skin, where you want to add water to the skin, but not add any oil. They are also ideal for soothing redness in sensitive skin, as well as soothing sunburns.
- Clay masks: Clay masks create a tightening effect that encourages a clearing of the pores. Clay-based masks are recommended for oily, acne-prone, and normal skin that is in need of oil absorption.
- Cream-based masks: These contain moisturizing oils that help dry skin types. Many cream masks do not need to be rinsed off after they have dried.
Benefits of a face mask.
A mask treatment, while not quite like getting a professional facial, still certainly offers additional skin benefits above and beyond your basic skin care routine. Here are a few benefits of a mask treatment:
- Enhance the temperature of skin;
- Open the skin’s pores;
- Increase the skin cells’ metabolic rate; and,
- Promote the sweat gland secretion so as to increase the oxygen content in the skin.
The water from the mask will penetrate into the skin epidermis to soften the skin and enhance its elasticity.
Professional Face Mask
A professional face mask is usually part of a facial treatment performed by a licensed aesthetician. While you can certainly use a DYI face mask, we highly recommend that you complement your in-home skin care with professional facials that target your skin conditions.
Here are a few products we carry online for in-home use:
- Milk Mask – Milk Mask is formulated from 100% pure milk protein to provide necessary nutrients to the skin following laser and other types of skin resurfacing.
- Grape Seed Mask – Grape Seed Parfait Mask provide skin with valuable nutrients that assist to strengthen and firm skin.
- Chocolate Antioxidant Mask – It works on the skin result in a nurturing experience, revitalizing, replenishing and repairing depleted skins; an excellent therapeutic finishing mask for a variety of facial treatments.
Please visit our website for additional information regarding one of the best anti-aging facials in Scottsdale/Phoenix, Arizona.
New Serenity Spa