Massage Scottsdale – New Serenity Spa
What to expect during your first massage visit
New Serenity Spa, Sonora Village Plaza, Scottsdale, AZ.
Here is what you can expect during your first visit at New Serenity Spa – Massage Scottsdale. We are a day spa located in the Sonora Village near Frank Lloyd and Loop 100. Our spa has been recently recognized as one of the 10 Best Spas in Scottsdale.
These instructions are applicable to all types of massage that we offer at New Serenity Spa. We are here to serve you and we will work with you to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
1. Before you massage
Our clients often ask if there is anything they can do ‘before’ their massage therapy that will help them get the most out of it. While you will certainly enjoy our treatment without doing much, here are a few tips you should consider:
- Time. Schedule plenty of time to get to your massage, having to rush and arriving late can stress you.
- Clothing. Wear comfortable clothes if possible, bring a case and remove your contacts before the massage if you can.
- Meals. If you are going to have a meal before a massage therapy session, a light meal is recommended .
- Accessories. Remove all jewelry if possible.
- Phone. Remember to turn off your cell phone while preparing for your massage therapy session.
- Hydration. Drink water to help flush toxins before and after your massage therapy session.
- Expectations. Discuss your needs and expectations with the therapist before the session, he or she will make time to do this before you start.
2. Intake Forms
If this is your first visit, you should arrive a few minutes earlier (10-15 min) to complete a couple of forms related to medical conditions, areas of concern and contact information
Your massage therapist will review your intake forms and discuss treatment options with you. He/She will ask questions to better design a session that meets your needs and goals. Don’t be afraid to discuss any concerns. The therapist will then outline the session and leave the room so you can undress at your comfort level. When you are ready, lie down on the massage table and cover yourself with the sheet or other draping on the table. The therapist will knock before re-entering.
4. During the session
- You are in charge. You can ask for changes or stop the session at any time.
- A professional massage therapist will always be careful to only expose the areas he/she is working with.
- The music in your room can be adjusted to your liking.
- The light in the room is also under your control.
- Setup the room to match your desires and enjoy the session.
Your job is to be as open to the process as you can, relax and let go, remember to breath and enjoy your time off.
5. After your massage
Our clients often ask if there is anything they can do ‘after’ their massage therapy that will help them get the most out of it. While you will certainly enjoy our treatment without doing much, here are a few tips you should consider:
- Take your time. Don’t immediately jump off the table as soon as your therapist leaves the room.
- Water. Failure to flush toxins out of the body by drinking a lot of water after bodywork could result in excessive muscle soreness or nausea, not to mention that you’ve defeated the purpose of getting the treatment in the first place.
- Tip for you. Although you should only receive massage from a licensed therapist in a certified facility, a massage is both a treatment and a service, so you’ll want to tip your massage therapist.
- Rebook. At New Serenity Spa, we always strive to make our customers happy.